Deciding on which pair of earrings to wear can only go two ways; you either want it simple or extravagant. And with earrings being the closest accessory you can wear to your face, next to a necklace, it is important you choose the correct one to go with your features and of course, your clothing ensemble.
Supposedly, earrings should be pretty easy to decide on. But if you want to go the extra mile and make sure that the pair you have embodies you as a person and help make you stand out from the crowd, then one way to is to go for colored diamond earrings.
They are relatively easy to find in the market- whether online or in person at jewelry boutiques like Astteria. But of course, before you make the big purchase, there are some things you need to consider, and that is what we’ll be talking about in this blog post.
Why Opt For Colored Diamond Earrings?
Colored diamond jewelry may feel foreign, especially to those who don’t collect diamond jewelry. For most, the thought of these colored stones may come as unusual because diamonds are often in correspondence with their lack of color.
In fact, colorless diamonds are valued higher when they are clear of any hint of color. So for a diamond to be a distinct, specific shade can make it seem like it is less valuable. However, that is not the case at all, as colored diamonds are even rarer than the clearest, most colorless diamonds; making them highly valued and coveted.
Now when talking about earrings, if you want to possess one of extreme value, then a good choice would be to own a natural-colored diamond pair of earrings.
From red, green, pink, brown, yellow, and many more… You’ll surely find the perfect color for you!
How To Select The Best Colored Diamond Earrings For You
Colored diamond earrings are available in different styles and can be worn for different occasions. Some are more inclined to be used for everyday wear, while others, especially earrings made with a single or multiple stone drops, can be for more formal occasions, like an engagement party or wedding.
Ideally, it’s best to go with the colored diamond that best reflects who you are or complements your facial features. For example, there are certain colors that go with specific eye colors.
Others may also base it upon the outfit of their choice so that it goes perfectly with the jewelry they wear. Ultimately, a certain special connection should be felt the moment you see it.
Are Colored Diamond Earrings Expensive?
There are several pricing factors put into consideration to fully determine earrings with colored diamonds on them. The most common ones are as listed below:
- Color – some colored diamonds are rarer than others. And with rarity being one of the main defining factors of a diamond’s price, it’s safe to say how rare the colored diamond contributes to its price tag. Red and green diamonds, being some of the rarest colors of these stones, prove to be on the highest end in terms of the price range, while yellow diamonds are the more affordable ones among the bunch.
- Carat – carat or carat weight is exactly what it is; the diamond’s overall weight when scaled. Essentially, the bigger the stone, the more expensive it will be.
- Clarity – this factor is the absence of flaws within the stone. If the diamond is clear of any imperfections, you can expect it to be priced higher.
- Cut – The quality of a diamond’s cut determines how well it reflects light. Poorly cut diamonds won’t reflect as much light, resulting in a reduction in the diamond’s brilliance and brightness, thus, making a diamond’s cut one of the most prominent factors in determining its price.
Aside from the factors mentioned above, which is commonly referred to as the 4Cs, other identifying variables, such as the overall jewelry piece it’s attached to and, of course, the brand of the maker, are taken into account.
Colored diamond earrings are fun and provide depth to accessorizing. These various colored stones are perfect for everyday wear or if you’re in search of the perfect accessory to go with your outfit for any special occasion.
Popular jewelry houses like Astteria have a vast collection of colored diamond earrings where you’ll surely find the one that best suits your taste.
We hope this blog post helps you better understand colored diamond earrings and all they have to offer when accessorizing your outfit. What are your favorite colored diamond earrings? Let us know in the comments below.
- How to Choose a Good Diamond Ring – A Quick Guide to the 4Cs
- 30+ REALLY GORGEOUS Diamond Engagement and Wedding Rings
- What to Wear to a Wedding as a Guest | Gorgeous Wedding Guest Dresses
- 70+ Funny Relationship Memes That Will Make You LOL
- How to Custom Design Your Own Engagement Ring