Planning a wedding is a complex project that involves liaising with multiple vendors and taking critical decisions. But, above all, organizing and hosting a wedding party can have a profound impact on your family’s finances.
Today, the average cost for a wedding reception and ceremony is around $28,000, and an increasing number of couples delay their big day due to the expenses involved or go into debt to face their wedding bills.
Luckily, with the right strategy, you can organize an affordable wedding and stick to your predetermined budget.
Let’s start by looking at the game-changing wedding budget templates that can help you in your project.
First Things First: Should You Choose a Budgeting App or Printables?
The first step to sticking to your wedding budget is to use a budgeting tool. And, choosing the right budgeting tools for your needs can make all the difference! That is why the first decision to take is whether budgeting apps or printables are the best choices for your needs.
A budget or finance tracker app is a great option to add expenses to your budget on the go and gain insights into your spending habits. Because of these features, they are great to manage your personal and household finances.
However, when it comes to sticking to a wedding budget, using an ad hoc printable template can be a more effective way to track expenses and divide your budget efficiently. Wedding budget templates often have features such as comparison charts and allow you to organize expenses by vendor or planning phases.
How To Choose Budget Templates to Plan Your Wedding
Thanks to providers like Etsy, bridal magazines, and individual creators, there’s an abundance of wedding templates on the market that you can download and print. However, the last thing you’ll want is to switch between templates halfway through the project!
Because of this, it’s important to find the best template for your needs right at the start of your wedding planning journey. Here are some key tips to make a decision you won’t regret.
The first aspect to look at is pricing. Although most printable templates are affordable or inexpensive, you might consider whether to opt for a free product. Choosing a free template can help you test out its features without a financial commitment, and can help you access a tool to use alongside a more professional wedding planning budget created by a professional planner.
Not all printable templates are immediately accessible. If you are unsure how to download or print them, consider opting for Google Sheets or Google Docs templates that can be easily formatted. What’s more, don’t forget to choose the right printing size! An A5 template will fit in your notepad, while an A4 or A3 sheet of paper might leave more space for annotations and thoughts.
When choosing a wedding template, look at the features it provides. Some key aspects include different budget categories and comparison charts that allow you to set options side by side, including vendors or wedding dresses found online.
5 Wedding Budget Templates to Download and Print Today
If you don’t think that you need a wedding budget template, think again! According to The Knot, nearly 50% of couples go over their wedding budget by a whopping $6,373 on average. And, some even surpass their budget by $20,000!
Here are some of the best templates worth considering:
- Bridal Musings Free Wedding Budget Spreadsheet – Bridal Musings provide brides and couples with free or paid budget spreadsheets that can be entirely customized according to your budget. You can also use different pages to keep track of a portion of your budget (i.e.: the money allocated to the venue or vendors).
- Free Wedding Organizer by The Smart Bride – This free organizer includes budgeting templates, to-do lists, wedding checklists, guest worksheets or final guest lists, and various organizers to keep track of vendors, suppliers, and timelines.
- WeddingWire Wedding Spend Tracker – created by wedding professionals, this spending tracker is designed to make it easier for you to track expenditures at home or while on the go.
- Real Simple Wedding Budget Worksheet – available on Pinterest, this worksheet offers a top-level overview of your budget without clouding your overall expenditures with unnecessary details.
- Google Sheets Templates by A Practical Wedding – available on Google Sheets, this template is simple but effective, and complete with important categories such as industry average, budgeted estimate, actual estimate, total actual cost, deposit amount paid, balance due, and final payment due date.
Consult Your Wedding Planner!
Although a DIY wedding budget template can be a great starting point, don’t forget that working with a professional wedding planner to craft a detailed budget worksheet for your wedding might be invaluable. Get started today!
- Plan the Perfect Wedding of A Lifetime With These 7 Tips
- 3 Tips for Cutting Down Your Wedding Guest List
- How to Create The Perfect Playlist for Your Wedding
- Top 7 Aww-Worthy Places to Tie The Knot with Your Forever
- 3 Super Easy Steps to Changing Your Name in 3 Minutes